Located deep in an untouched tropical forest, the Danum Valley Conservation Area is a thriving paradise of diverse tropical vegetation and wildlife. The forest is a sanctuary to animals such as the Asian elephant, clouded leopard, orang utan, proboscis monkey and Sumatran rhino. All tours must be pre-arranged with tour agents. Danum Valley is situated about 70km west of Lahad Datu.
- Enjoy a nature walk in the virgin rainforest
- Watch birds from the 170m-long canopy walkway
- Trek to the seven tiered Sungai Purut waterfalls
- visit an ancient Kadazandusun burial site
- Go on a night drive in an open jeep to catch sight of nocturnal animals