A holiday in Selangor promises non-stop fun, entertainment and adventure. This is one of the most prosperous and developed states in the country. Selangor is also known as the ‘gateway to Malaysia’ because the main entry points are situated within the state.
Its flourishing urban centres such as Petaling Jaya, Subang Jaya, Sunway and Klang abound with modern facilities, from excellent healthcare institutions, international colleges to huge shopping malls and recreational centres.
Experience the broad spectrum of attractions – marvel at the glow of fireflies, watch intriguing festivals, have a terrific time at the theme parks, go on a shopping spree or enjoy the sights and sounds of nature.
Visit Selangor for a neverending discovery!
Places of Interest:
- Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah Mosque – Popularly known as ‘the Blue Mosque’, this is one of the most stunning structures in the country. Decorative Islamic calligraphy dominates the edges surrounding the dome and main prayer hall, while the interior architecture exhibits ethnic Malay design elements. Visitors are advised to dress appropriately.
- Melawati Hill – This ancient fort was constructed in the late 18th century during the reign of the second Sultan of Selangor. It later yielded to the Dutch cannons. The site is preserved with the original foundation stones, cannons as well as a fabled execution block. Visitors can enjoy a panoramic view of the coastline from the hill.
- Sepang International Circuit – Dubbed ‘the Home of Motorsports’, this state-of-the-art circuit is the venue of the annual Petronas Malaysian F1 Grand Prix. Other action-packed events here include the Malaysian Motorcyle Grand Prix and Japan GT. Sepang International Circuit is situated near to the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA).
- Orang Asli Museum – Get a fascinating insight into the lifestyles and cultures of the state’s orang asli or indigenous people. Browse through an extensive collection of tribal paraphernalia, from carved ancestral masks to ornaments, musical instuments and hunting tools.
- Kuala Selangor Nature Park – Sprawling over 800 acres, this is a delightful place for nature enthusiasts. The secondary forest, brackish waters, mangrove area and mud flats are home to a wide range of plants and animals. Walk along the trails or go up the watch tower to spot monkeys, macaques or otters.
- National Zoo
- Sultan Abdul Aziz Gallery