The exhilaration of speed using solely human power on a machine, and on a raw trail amidst open nature, can only be achieved by mountain biking. With its innumerable jungle and rural trails all over the country, Malaysia is truly a mountain bikers’ paradise.
Mountain biking has long been a popular sport in Malaysia, with its own legendary trails and stories. It is said that ever since bicycles were introduced into the land, the inland villagers who embraced it were the first mountain bikers – having to traverse the challenging trails to and from their remote settlements. Today, the challenge is still there, but it is one of adventure and discovery.
- Old Gombak Road, Ulu Yam interior routes and to the south, the Ulu Langat interior via Cheras or Ampang, Kuala Lumpur
- Rolling hill roads around Seri Menanti and Kuala Pilah, Negeri Sembilan
- Coast routes with Sungai Lembing, Kuantan, Pahang
- Rural road areas, Sabah and Sarawak
- Batu Dam, Kampung Pusu and the Hulu Gombak Forest Reserve with its water catchment areas, Kuala Lumpur
- Sungai Dua site near Karak, Pahang